Creating space for what matters
For us, creating space isn’t just about clearing clutter from your home, office or commercial premises, it’s also about giving you freedom to focus on what matters most.
We know that each customer has their own reasons for seeking out a storage solution; it might be a major life change, relocation or travel, a new business, a growing family – or a down-sizing one. So, whether it’s short or long-term, we keep things flexible. You can enjoy peace of mind knowing that your precious possessions are safe, while making the most of the extra space for as long as you need.
Setting the standard in self-storage
We’re a 100% Kiwi owned and operated organisation. In 1991 we opened the gates on our first branch in Penrose, becoming one of the earliest self-storage companies in New Zealand. Since then, we’ve continued to grow and innovate, expanding to 10 locations throughout Auckland. We continue to lead the industry, setting the standard when it comes to security and service, and creating smart sites through the use of market-leading technology.
Our aim is simplicity: ensuring that everything we do makes it easier for our customers, our suppliers and our staff. This ethos drives our process reviews, our business direction and the experience we offer our customers. You’ll notice that all our Auckland branches are located close to motorways or main roads, making them convenient to the communities in which they are built. This is just one of the ways that we aim to keep things as simple as possible for you!
During our 27 years in business, we have won the following awards for our facilities and staff in competition with other Storage facilities across Australia and New Zealand.
- 1991 – National Mini Storage opens our first Penrose branch
- 1992 – 1996 – A further five Auckland sites were purchased and developed into self-storage facilities
- 1998 – Our Cook Street branch is awarded Best New Facility
- 2007 – Our Albany site is expanded, converting an existing warehouse, giving us our 7th Auckland site
- 2008 – Kathie Brockliss, Cook Street branch, is named Manager of the Year
- 2009 – Albany receives the Best Expansion / Upgrade award
- 2011 – We celebrated our 20th year in business
- 2014 – We add The Strand Parnell to our network, as our first purchase of an existing site
- 2015 – An extension of our second Albany facility is completed, adding 400 more storage units
- 2016 – Our Newmarket facility is opened
- 2018 – Hobsonville becomes our 10th self-storage facility, while Newmarket is awarded Facility of the Year
What is important to us?
We are proud to be a 100% independently Kiwi owned and operated company and our branches are located close to motorways or main roads so they are easy to access for our customers. At our core, we want to Innovate for Simplicity making it easier for our customers, our suppliers and our staff to interact with one another to achieve the best possible outcome. This means we often lead the market in providing innovative technology and additional services which makes it easier for our customers. It drives our process reviews, our business direction and how our staff behave with our customers.
We want to create space in our customer’s homes, offices, apartments and warehouses knowing that their stuff is safe and secure in our facilities. We want to make space in their lives by making it quick and simple to deal with us so that they can focus on the important things that are going on.
We aim to build enduring professional relationships with our key stakeholders – customers, employees, suppliers and others who do business with us. This comes from understanding their needs and working to make sure that we all benefit from working together. This means that we act with integrity in our business decisions and actions.